late period

By Anonymous November 4, 2015 - 9:01am

Hi there, I'm a little worried and curious.
My last period was Sept 21 and lasted 4 days. My boy friend and I have sex quite often unprotected. I was suppose to start Oct 20 but nothing. We had kind of had rough sex last night and i started bleeding. Just wondering if i should worry. I did take a test but it was negative.

Welcome to EmpowHER and thank you for reaching out to us with your concern about a late period.

If the bleeding continues, then you can assume this is your period.

As you know, unprotected intercourse leads to pregnancy. Are you trying to conceive?
If not, please use some type of birth control.

How long have you been menstruating? Are your menstrual cycles regular?

If the bleeding is just spotting, either repeat the pregnancy test and be sure to test in the morning by using the first urine of the day. Or you can contact your gynecologist who can order a blood pregnancy test, which is more accurate than the urine test.

Anonymous, keep us updated.