Reproductive System

Reproductive System Guide

ask: late period and blood clots

By mena

hi,
I'm 27, sexualy active, had unprotected sex with my partner, i don't use any contraception. my cycle is normally quite short, around 21-23 days, especially in the summer when it's also quite light. Now my period was 8 days late, i've been experiencing very strange feelings, like bloated lower abdomen, sore breast, enlarged breast, fatigue, hypersensitivity to odours, mood swinging, weird cramping, heartburn, nausea, and also vomiting especially in the evening. i normally don't have nearly any PMS, i'm a very sporty person (i do any sport activity normally during my period without experiencing pain or anything), but these days my body just didn't feel like my body at all, i was literally dragging myself. this morning i woke up vomiting and took a pregnancy test (8 days late) and turned out negative, and then my period came but it's really different than normal, very dark and dense with lot of blood clots that i usually don't have. i also have some cramping and still vomit a bit.

should i go and see a doctor? could this be a possible miscariage? if so, is it possible to diagnose such a thing?

thank you for your help,

Mena

Anonymous

hi,
I'm 24,i used contraceptive pills due to irregular period.i had dark black blood clot during period and low blood flow and also enlarged breast, fatigue, hypersensitivity to odou, mood swinging, weird cramping, heartburn, nausea, and also vomiting especially in the evening and morning.these days my body just didn't feel like my body at all, i was literally dragging myself. this morning i woke up vomiting. i also have some cramping and still vomit a bit.especially i worried about blood clots those are coming out with out blood. i'm nervous..... should i meet doctor immediately?

Anonymous

Am 23 I did abortion 2011 since then my mentray period was altered sometimes 2 to 3 months I won't see my menses and recently I took A contraceptive pills to correct it 2 Months now I had my menses regular but this recent one was a bit scary cause after intercourse with my partner I do see bld with. Little clot stained with bright red blood and am not on my period am a a bit confused cos sometimes my menses smells a lot and since I had that abortion I hv nt had protected sex yet I would be pregnant pls help me cos I really won't a baby now.

Anonymous

Im 34 years old my period stated on the 9th of january and it was black for 4 days and then it started red but light now is heavy red with clos im scared cause is almost 2weeks annd still have it why is my period like that im real worried can someone help me to understand this

Anonymous

Im 17 years old, and a little scared. I had sex with my boyfriend the 23rd my period was due the 25th, it came the 28th. we didnt use any protection (yeahh i know stupid) But i passed a pretty decent sized blood clot. After that it was gone for awhile, just kinda light and spotty pink. Later it was like really stringy/gooey looking dark red blood. It was light after that pinkish color with only tiny clots in it. Ive had a little discomfort in my lower back and belly. Is this a regular period, a miscarage, what??

Anonymous

i missed my period last month im not on birthcontrol or anything. me and my boyfriend of 3 yrs have been having unprotected sex and he slipped like 3 times at the end of last month. its aug 9th today and still no period. ia couple days ago i wiped and had a little tiny red blood clot and nothing else. today i wiped and had a little tiny bit of brown discharge. does anyone know what this could be. i dont think im pregnant because ive had no symptoms but im kinda paranoid about it. thanks

Anonymous

Hi, im 17 years old and me and my boyfriend are trying to have a bby i had my period 10 days late and suddently i got it it was very light spotting and then as it started it was like light reddish color and the next morning i got my period with blood clot. What does this mean?

Anonymous

Hi Nicole,

What a horrible experience with your doctor. I am sorry that you had to endure that. Priority one is to find a new OBGYN immediately. It doesn't sound like you are pregnant and the experience that you had with the doctor probably really stressed you out and therefore could be one of the reasons that you are having such an irregular period. The vaginal area is very sensitive especially to stress.

Since you are trying to get pregnant there are some things you should follow. Try and monitor your ovulation cycle as this is the only time that you can get pregnant. You can get an ovulation test over the counter at a local pharmacy. Remember that sperm can live in the body for approximately five days so this is the time that you should have sex and try to conceive. If you wanted to try and count, ovulation is usually around 12-16 days after the day you START your period. You may experience some white discharge during this time and this is a perfect time to try. Ovulation is certainly a big deal when trying to conceive.

I hope this helps and certainly look for a new doctor. That is a horrible experience.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Missie

Hi missie,
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply! That means a lot for me I really don't have anyone to help me thru this since I live miles and hours away from my family! All I have is my amazing husband and he does try to help me but he's a man so he doesn't truly understand lol but he tries! Well I have been trying to find a new obgyn but like I said not many places around here takes my insurance I'm going to call and switch my insurance and try to get one that is more excepted around here lol I'm still going to go back to that obgyn one more time to get my test results and then that's the last time. There are also a few more things I wanted to know about, after all of this happened I had went to the ER they told me to come in and get checked so I did they didn't do anything but take my blood and my urin and send me home the next day I went to work for like 3 hours and when I got home I had a tampon in when I took it out there was only a little tiny spot of blood so I put in a painty liner and then I got to my husbands job and I went to the bathroom and there was no blood on it but after peeing I wiped and I saw a lot of blood when I looked in the toilet I noticed it was filled with bright red blood it looked like someone had a very bad nose bleed and was standing over the toilet it scared me so I put in a tampon I had nothing on it again when I checked it hours later... do u know why that might have happened?
Next thing I want to talk about is what most ppl call "a womans best friend"... I recently was introduced to a all natural dietry suplument that I never heard of before... its called maca. After doing a lot of research about it I heard a lot of good things and I know ppl who took it and they loved it. It helps regulate periods and u don't get nasty cramps and cravings for sweet stuff and IT ALSO HELPS YOU GET PREGNANT Its not a fertility drug it helps to make the eggs healthy and helps the sperm meet the egg... it is also good for men to take it helps them have hight sperm count and healthier sperm! Weman who were trying to get pregnant for years couldn't and they started taking maca 500mg one or twice a day and with in months they were pregnant and giving birth to a healthy baby... its good to take while pregnant too its good for the growth and development of the baby... it helps them have a strong healthy heart too... infact most pregnant weman who take it says they didn't even have morrning sickness or any of the bad stuff that come along with pregnancy I have a bottle and I'm going to start taking them right after I stop bleeding but I wanted to know if you heard of it or if you think its safe to take. If u don't know anything about it I found it on this website
Www.naturalfertilityshop.com just type in maca 500mg capsuls in the search box... and plez let me know what you think
Thank you soooo much missie!
*~nicole~*

Anonymous

Hi I'm nicole I'm 20 and I have been married for 2 years! My husband and I had a misscarrage almosted two years ago when we had first got together (although I didn't know I was pregnant your right about one thing it was pain full and I never bleed so much in my life) we were going through a very stressfull time, and ever since we felt that lose we have been trying to conceive. See when my period was late I didn't think anything of it or even think I was pregnant I just thought the late period was due to the stress, come to find out after waking up in a lot of my own blood and having horable back pains stomach pains and ect. Even a few days before the bleeding and the pass of my child to be, I indeed was pregnant and sadly enough I lost it. So we decided we wanted to have a baby but at the same time we didn't want to feel that pain again if something were to go wrong so I wouldn't say at that point we were really trying we were basicly just like well if it happens it happens and we will be happy but we weren't really trying just not trying to prevent it either. So here we are 2years later and acctually trying now and in febuary I thought I was pregnant my period wasn't coming... it finnally came late on the 27th and was very light and only lasted a few days then two days after it stopped I had some brown spotting so I took 2 tests and both were negitive I started having cravings sore tender breasts mood swings and a lot of gas lol these sympthoms proceeded for almost 3 weeks. Since the tests were negitive I felt it was too soon so I was waiting till ti0his month to see if my period came... here's where it gets weird and confussed me, my period didn't come so on the 29th I made an appointment with the OBGYN (she was very rude and nasty to me becuz I was so young and wanted to get pregnant although its not up to her its my body and my life not hers) so she gave me the stick test at her office and told me it was negitive so I told her my sympothoms and asked her if I'm not pregnant why am I having them, she basicly said that happens before a period comes... but I know my body and I know it doesn't happen to me I have sore tender breasts before my period but only for a week never for almost 3 weeks. So I asked her what I could do or where I could go to get checked out and find out why I'm not getting pregnant and she didn't want to help (and I'm alittle worried there is something wrong considering I have been trying for 2 years) so she basicly said I'm sure your period will come and if it doesn't come in 3months let me know and ill give u something to bring it down (3months what?). So she pushed me out of her office and I went home... about an hour after the exam (I forgot to mention she gave me a pap smear and a pelvic exam) I got home and went to the bathroom and I was bleeding light bright red blood (when I had been taking the urin sample for them in the doctors office when I wiped I had a pink discharge) I put on a pantie liner and it just kept getting heavier and heavier to I had to put in a tampon I'm not in pain like when I had my misscarrage 2 years ago but alittle lower back pain but this morrning I woke up and went to the bathroom to change my tampon and when I wiped there were a lot of blood clots (which hasn't happened since my misscarrage) it scared me what does this mean? Someone give me advice please. I don't want to go to the doctor till I find a new one because I didn't like how rude and nasty she was to me just because of my age! I wasreading there posts and mena you really helped christaina get through what she was going through and seemed to know what you are talking about I was wondering if you could help! Thank u for listening and sorry its so long but I figured ecxplaining everything would help you better determin what's happening to me!
Thanks again
A very worried and confussed nicole

hi Nicole..I am sorry that you are not able to have a baby and sorry to hear about the way that fcking doctor treated you. I also have had the same problem...i then changed my doctor and i am getting diagnosed as i am not able to carry a baby due to miscarriages..yes married for 3 yaers and longing for a baby..working 9 hours a day me and my partner to afford the most unaffordable doctors but hey dont worry my wishes are with you and i know u will be able to have a baby very soon..God is Great...lots of love and wishes.

Mamta

How do you control your PMS?: