Reproductive System

Reproductive System Guide

ask: late period and blood clots

By mena

hi,
I'm 27, sexualy active, had unprotected sex with my partner, i don't use any contraception. my cycle is normally quite short, around 21-23 days, especially in the summer when it's also quite light. Now my period was 8 days late, i've been experiencing very strange feelings, like bloated lower abdomen, sore breast, enlarged breast, fatigue, hypersensitivity to odours, mood swinging, weird cramping, heartburn, nausea, and also vomiting especially in the evening. i normally don't have nearly any PMS, i'm a very sporty person (i do any sport activity normally during my period without experiencing pain or anything), but these days my body just didn't feel like my body at all, i was literally dragging myself. this morning i woke up vomiting and took a pregnancy test (8 days late) and turned out negative, and then my period came but it's really different than normal, very dark and dense with lot of blood clots that i usually don't have. i also have some cramping and still vomit a bit.

should i go and see a doctor? could this be a possible miscariage? if so, is it possible to diagnose such a thing?

thank you for your help,

Mena

Anonymous

I am eight days late and I started cramping this morning so I took some medicine. I feel asleep and woke up with a lightish red clot. Could this be me period? Or could I be pregnant?

tooba

hi, i am 23 years old last month i had unprotected sex and my periods was week late after that but that periods are not like usual they are bit lighter then always... but now after month i don't have sex in this period but my periods are missing but i have cramps like periods but no periods what is it am i pregnant ?

Anonymous

hi,
I'm 24,i used contraceptive pills due to irregular period.i had dark black blood clot during period and low blood flow and also enlarged breast, fatigue, hypersensitivity to odou, mood swinging, weird cramping, heartburn, nausea, and also vomiting especially in the evening and morning.these days my body just didn't feel like my body at all, i was literally dragging myself. this morning i woke up vomiting. i also have some cramping and still vomit a bit.especially i worried about blood clots those are coming out with out blood. i'm nervous..... should i meet doctor immediately?

Anonymous

Am 23 I did abortion 2011 since then my mentray period was altered sometimes 2 to 3 months I won't see my menses and recently I took A contraceptive pills to correct it 2 Months now I had my menses regular but this recent one was a bit scary cause after intercourse with my partner I do see bld with. Little clot stained with bright red blood and am not on my period am a a bit confused cos sometimes my menses smells a lot and since I had that abortion I hv nt had protected sex yet I would be pregnant pls help me cos I really won't a baby now.

Anonymous

Im 34 years old my period stated on the 9th of january and it was black for 4 days and then it started red but light now is heavy red with clos im scared cause is almost 2weeks annd still have it why is my period like that im real worried can someone help me to understand this

Anonymous

Im 17 years old, and a little scared. I had sex with my boyfriend the 23rd my period was due the 25th, it came the 28th. we didnt use any protection (yeahh i know stupid) But i passed a pretty decent sized blood clot. After that it was gone for awhile, just kinda light and spotty pink. Later it was like really stringy/gooey looking dark red blood. It was light after that pinkish color with only tiny clots in it. Ive had a little discomfort in my lower back and belly. Is this a regular period, a miscarage, what??

Anonymous

i missed my period last month im not on birthcontrol or anything. me and my boyfriend of 3 yrs have been having unprotected sex and he slipped like 3 times at the end of last month. its aug 9th today and still no period. ia couple days ago i wiped and had a little tiny red blood clot and nothing else. today i wiped and had a little tiny bit of brown discharge. does anyone know what this could be. i dont think im pregnant because ive had no symptoms but im kinda paranoid about it. thanks

Anonymous

Hi, im 17 years old and me and my boyfriend are trying to have a bby i had my period 10 days late and suddently i got it it was very light spotting and then as it started it was like light reddish color and the next morning i got my period with blood clot. What does this mean?

Anonymous

Hi Nicole,

What a horrible experience with your doctor. I am sorry that you had to endure that. Priority one is to find a new OBGYN immediately. It doesn't sound like you are pregnant and the experience that you had with the doctor probably really stressed you out and therefore could be one of the reasons that you are having such an irregular period. The vaginal area is very sensitive especially to stress.

Since you are trying to get pregnant there are some things you should follow. Try and monitor your ovulation cycle as this is the only time that you can get pregnant. You can get an ovulation test over the counter at a local pharmacy. Remember that sperm can live in the body for approximately five days so this is the time that you should have sex and try to conceive. If you wanted to try and count, ovulation is usually around 12-16 days after the day you START your period. You may experience some white discharge during this time and this is a perfect time to try. Ovulation is certainly a big deal when trying to conceive.

I hope this helps and certainly look for a new doctor. That is a horrible experience.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Missie

Hi missie,
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply! That means a lot for me I really don't have anyone to help me thru this since I live miles and hours away from my family! All I have is my amazing husband and he does try to help me but he's a man so he doesn't truly understand lol but he tries! Well I have been trying to find a new obgyn but like I said not many places around here takes my insurance I'm going to call and switch my insurance and try to get one that is more excepted around here lol I'm still going to go back to that obgyn one more time to get my test results and then that's the last time. There are also a few more things I wanted to know about, after all of this happened I had went to the ER they told me to come in and get checked so I did they didn't do anything but take my blood and my urin and send me home the next day I went to work for like 3 hours and when I got home I had a tampon in when I took it out there was only a little tiny spot of blood so I put in a painty liner and then I got to my husbands job and I went to the bathroom and there was no blood on it but after peeing I wiped and I saw a lot of blood when I looked in the toilet I noticed it was filled with bright red blood it looked like someone had a very bad nose bleed and was standing over the toilet it scared me so I put in a tampon I had nothing on it again when I checked it hours later... do u know why that might have happened?
Next thing I want to talk about is what most ppl call "a womans best friend"... I recently was introduced to a all natural dietry suplument that I never heard of before... its called maca. After doing a lot of research about it I heard a lot of good things and I know ppl who took it and they loved it. It helps regulate periods and u don't get nasty cramps and cravings for sweet stuff and IT ALSO HELPS YOU GET PREGNANT Its not a fertility drug it helps to make the eggs healthy and helps the sperm meet the egg... it is also good for men to take it helps them have hight sperm count and healthier sperm! Weman who were trying to get pregnant for years couldn't and they started taking maca 500mg one or twice a day and with in months they were pregnant and giving birth to a healthy baby... its good to take while pregnant too its good for the growth and development of the baby... it helps them have a strong healthy heart too... infact most pregnant weman who take it says they didn't even have morrning sickness or any of the bad stuff that come along with pregnancy I have a bottle and I'm going to start taking them right after I stop bleeding but I wanted to know if you heard of it or if you think its safe to take. If u don't know anything about it I found it on this website
Www.naturalfertilityshop.com just type in maca 500mg capsuls in the search box... and plez let me know what you think
Thank you soooo much missie!
*~nicole~*

How do you control your PMS?: