Late period and super, super worried!

By December 19, 2013 - 9:34am

I am 6 days late on my period. I'm 21 years old and my periods aren't too regular (some times they're 29 days, sometimes they're 31 days). The day of my last period was Nov 14 and I ovulated on Dec 5 and still have yet to get my period. My boyfriend and I have had protected sex AND he has pulled out carefully long before he had to go (meaning he had enough time to take the condom off and stimulate himself far from me). We've always checked each condom with water to make sure there were no leaks and have never had a problem. I was really stressed during finals week last week and now I'm worried about why my period hasn't shown up when expected (I expected to get it Dec 14 and today is Dec 19). What are the odds that I am pregnant, even with the methods my boyfriend and I practice (condom and pull out way before ejaculation)? Please help :(

Hi soph64

The odds of you being pregnant are very, very low.

If you ovulated on Dec 5th and the average day to ovulate is day 14 then you wouldn't even be due until today, rather than being 6 days late.

Stress can also impact your cycle. We cannot guarantee anything, of course, but I am pretty sure your period will be along shortly. 

Has this helped?

I did in fact get my period on that day (Dec 19th). Thank you SO, SO, much. It was very relieving to read your comment. That relief really worked away at the stress! I really appreciate your help, Susan! (:

HERWriter Guide (reply to soph64)

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback - we like to hear that we are helping others!