late period , not sure if i could be pregnant or if its due to stress

By Anonymous February 8, 2011 - 9:49am

Hi there

I'm not sure if my period is late , if I'm possibly pregnant or if it could be linked to stress. I'm 19years old ... Iv had my first sexual encounter with my boyfriend ... We did not have sexual intercourse , but hedid finger me and our genitals did touch skin to skin...he also tried putting his penis into me but it only went in a few centimeters and then I had stopped him.... Also he ejaculated pretty close to my vagina at one stage ... Not sure if this could have caused me to possibly get pregnant...my last period started on the 1st of jan 2011 and lasted for about 4-6days (not sure) ..... Also I have been under a lot of stress since mid December and stress increased around maybe 2-3weeks ago ......I'm REALLY worried ... Please HELP :(!!!

Hmmmmmmm , so0oo I waas going to take the pregnancy test today, since my period was due approximately 15days ago , nd the incident happened 10days ago, buuuuuut I woke up with my period this morning ... Was so000oooo relieved :D :D :D . ... Definitely will take more precautionary measures in the future (",) ... Would just like to thank everyone who provided answers to my questions,
Much love. <3

I have never had a problem with my periods, one or two days late at most until this last five periods. I am 53, soon to be 54. Is it the end of life as I have known it for the last forty years? My enjoyment of life is very on a high as is my social & sex.

HERWriter Guide (reply to ValerieMorgan)

Hi Valerie

It sounds like you are entering into Menopause - you're at the 'perfect' age for it. You may want to get a hormonal count to know for sure.

This may be the end of your fertility years but it's certainly not the end of your life. You can and will continue to enjoy the great life you have now - menopause is not a condition, it's a normal part of life. Click on Menopause for more and feel free to join our Menopause Group here: http://www.empowher.com/groups/menopause

Let us know if we can help you in any other way, Valerie.

Thank you so much, Susan. As yet, I have had no other signs of menopause which is what I suspected when my period in October was very late & heavy, following similar in September. I am so glad of coming on here & your help has confirmed my pleasure in doing so.

My last period was on the 1st of jan and lasted for about 5-6days.... So0oo I think I was late before the incident took place ...... Its been abt 4 -5days since it happened ... Can I test for pregnancy now , or should I wait a while ?????? Will it show this early ?

(reply to Princess2)

Princess, sorry about that. It used to be 3 days.
Like Susan said, a pregnancy test now will not show if you are pregnant. You will have to wait until your period is either late or about 3 days before it is due. Of course, if you wait until it is late you will get a more accurate test result.

Best Wishes!

(reply to Princess2)

But iv done some research and it has been said that the pill will wrk up to 5days obviously being less effective the longer you wait ... Oh and will a home pregnancy test show if I am pregnant only 4days after the incident ?

HERWriter Guide (reply to Princess2)

Hi princess

You are correct, Plan B is now effective up to 5 days. But you cannot test for pregnancy until 3-5 days before your expected period - at the earliest.

Good luck to you,

I have another question haha... I am going to get home pregnancy test today ... Do you think it is a good idea to get the morning after pill as well...just incase ? Since the "sexual encounter" took place on Saturday night and it is now wednesday morning ?