Perimenopause

Perimenopause Guide

ask: Left unilateral salpingo-oophorectomy at 49, then periods stopped. Regular prior to surgery.

Periods were 32 days every month. After surgery I had one period at 25 days and now I have missed 2 in a row. No other menopause symptoms other than occasional slight vaginal dryness. Not pregnant. Had clip placed on other tube during surgery. Not sure what is happening. Feel fine, no pain. Reason for surgery, had two large endometriomas removed. Period were very heavy prior to surgery but did not suffer from the classic pain usually associated with endometriosis. Surgeon stated I had moderate endometriosis on surgical notes.

Anonymous

I only had one removed not both. I should still be ovulating from the remaining one. He clipped the tube for birth control.

Anonymous

Thank you for your question and welcome to Empowher. It is not that uncommon to start menopause after this surgery as your ovaries are removed. Did your doctor talk to you about possible menopause?

Since you are 49 years old, the surgery may speed up the process. It appears that you are having symptoms with the vaginal dryness also. If you have any concerns, certainly make a follow up appointment with your treating physician.

Good luck,

Missie

Have you had perimenopausal symptoms? :