letrozole and endometreosis

By Anonymous February 14, 2011 - 2:00pm

I am suffering from Gr. IV endometreosis with adenomyosis. Undergone supra major laparoscopy surgery for excision of adhesions and endo implants on overy, bowel, etc. But after 10 months, overy is displaced and 3 cysts of 2.5-3 cms have been formed. Before that I have tried IVF but failed. Now, my Dr. has prescribed me Letrozole two times daily for 90 days. What is the role of this medicine. Further I want to know as to whether there is a need of add back therapy as i am already having osteoporosis.

Thanks for your post and welcome!

Letrozole is generally used as a breast cancer treatment but is also used to trigger ovulation (in order to help a woman get pregnant). This is likely why it's being used in your case but you need to check with your doctor. Everytime you get a medication, make sure you know why you are taking it.

With regard to your question about therapy and osteoporosis - what kind of therapy do you mean? Do you mean physical therapy, weight therapy, medical therapy or another kind?

I hope to hear back from you!

Endometriosis Guide