Sjogren's Syndrome

ask: lips on the inside are red and the tip of my tongue is slightly irritated

I feel like my lips are very dry and the inside of my lips are red and burn slightly My tip of my tongue is also irritated? Has been going on for about two weeks or so? I have a red patch on inside of bottom lip??? No sores and my nasal passage seems dry also?

Anonymous

did anyone find out what this is? I had the same exact symptoms, at the same time as I was battling an upper respiratory infection and a nasty sore throat. I attributed the swollen irritated lips to being part of all of that, but now two weeks later I have the same symptoms on my lips: swollen, dry irritated lips, sore/burning feeling on the inside of the lips (definitely NOT canker sores, I've had those), soon after followed by cracks at the corners of my mouth on both sides; all with no apparent reason. This time I noticed small red bumps that appeared on the inner lip and outer lip. I don't know but I am wondering if I should call the doctor and see what this is about. Any body else experience this?

I am currently having the same exact symptoms! At first I thought maybe I had too much salt (younknow tgat puckers feeling?), but then it got worse.... Inside of lips with red, irritated patches, tongue feels dry, puckered, over sensitive. Don't know if I should go to my primary dr or my rheumatologist! Any suggestions?

Anonymous

did you ever find out what this was? I am having the same symptoms

Do you have small open and painful sores that are white or yellowish with a red border on the inner lips or cheek, gums or tongue?
If so, these may be CANKER SORES. They may be caused by viral infections.

Here's a great page to check your symptoms and what you may have:
http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/tools/symptom/509.html

Let me know if this helps!

Rosa