Q: 

lips on the inside are red and the tip of my tongue is slightly irritated

I feel like my lips are very dry and the inside of my lips are red and burn slightly My tip of my tongue is also irritated? Has been going on for about two weeks or so? I have a red patch on inside of bottom lip??? No sores and my nasal passage seems dry also?

Anonymous

I have been having these issues, as well. It is about to drive me nuts. The inside of my lips are irritated and feel "pruney". The tip of my tongue is affected, as well. My mouth will get very dry. And sometimes I have a slight metallic taste. I had all of my vitamin levels drawn to see if I had a deficiency. This was not the case. Anyone find a solution?

Anonymous

Did anyone get any resolve from these symptoms? I have had them too. Mine was initially angular cheilitis, but that part is gone (in the corners of my mouth) but the redness and stinging is still on the inside. HELP!!

Anonymous

I have the same thing inside upper lip with sensitivity, reddness, small raised areas and keeps recurring. Dentist felt it was dryness and biotene gel moisturizer did help some. Other thought is some foods that are acidic or spices can get between the area and cause chronic irritation symptoms. Is there a food product or toothpaste that could be the irritant ?

Was there any solution for this condition? It is driving me nuts.

Anonymous

Did anyone find out what this was? I have the same thing happening now. This is not a canker sore issue.

Anonymous

I am having the exact same symptoms as well. The inside of my lower lip and a very small part of the inside of my upper lip are red and the tip of my tongue is too. These parts have become over-sensitive, and are covered with extremely miniature bumps, visible only under a lens. They burn like bloody hell. Last time it happened and lasted for two weeks, then the symptoms subsided, but this time the burning is worse.
Kindly help.

Sounds similar to symptoms I had a while ago..... I didn't learn what it is exactly or what caused it but i went to immediate care because my lips swelled HUGE and they gave me Nystatin and told me to mix that with benadryl cream on my lips twice a day and it worked after a couple days

Anonymous

did anyone find out what this is? I had the same exact symptoms, at the same time as I was battling an upper respiratory infection and a nasty sore throat. I attributed the swollen irritated lips to being part of all of that, but now two weeks later I have the same symptoms on my lips: swollen, dry irritated lips, sore/burning feeling on the inside of the lips (definitely NOT canker sores, I've had those), soon after followed by cracks at the corners of my mouth on both sides; all with no apparent reason. This time I noticed small red bumps that appeared on the inner lip and outer lip. I don't know but I am wondering if I should call the doctor and see what this is about. Any body else experience this?

I am currently having the same exact symptoms! At first I thought maybe I had too much salt (younknow tgat puckers feeling?), but then it got worse.... Inside of lips with red, irritated patches, tongue feels dry, puckered, over sensitive. Don't know if I should go to my primary dr or my rheumatologist! Any suggestions?

Anonymous

did you ever find out what this was? I am having the same symptoms

Sjogren's Syndrome