Q: 

lips on the inside are red and the tip of my tongue is slightly irritated

I feel like my lips are very dry and the inside of my lips are red and burn slightly My tip of my tongue is also irritated? Has been going on for about two weeks or so? I have a red patch on inside of bottom lip??? No sores and my nasal passage seems dry also?

Anonymous

I'm having same problems. I had it about a week used salt water for three days and went away but now a month later its back

Anonymous

Anonymous

I have been having these issues, as well. It is about to drive me nuts. The inside of my lips are irritated and feel "pruney". The tip of my tongue is affected, as well. My mouth will get very dry. And sometimes I have a slight metallic taste. I had all of my vitamin levels drawn to see if I had a deficiency. This was not the case. Anyone find a solution?

Its a decrease in hormones due to menopause, pregnancy or pms. I get it right after my almost non existant flow for about a week. It hurts so bad. Im 43.

I have had a very similar issue for at least 3 months ...have you found out what the problem is? I have seen a number of doctors including specialists and they just try medicine but I don't want any medicine ...i want to know what the issue is and then how to treat it properly. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I am going through exactly same symptoms. Inside of My lower lips has tiny bumps and burns. My gum line (top and bottom) burns too. Tip of my tongue feels irritated. My outer lips are very dry too. This has been going on for 7 weeks now with no thrush creams, steroid creams have worked. Not even anti fungal tablets worked. My doctor dismissed me from his clinic saying it's mystery to him and asked me to find a maxofacial surgeon!
Did somebody find a solution to this please?

I just came back from the dentist. They are the first to know what it is. I have had this for 2 years!!! It's called geographic tongue! It started on my inner mouth and now on my tongue. There is. O cure. If you swish your mouth with MAALOX the dentist said it may help. Goodluck!!!

Anonymous

Did anyone get any resolve from these symptoms? I have had them too. Mine was initially angular cheilitis, but that part is gone (in the corners of my mouth) but the redness and stinging is still on the inside. HELP!!

Anonymous

I have the same thing inside upper lip with sensitivity, reddness, small raised areas and keeps recurring. Dentist felt it was dryness and biotene gel moisturizer did help some. Other thought is some foods that are acidic or spices can get between the area and cause chronic irritation symptoms. Is there a food product or toothpaste that could be the irritant ?

Was there any solution for this condition? It is driving me nuts.

Sjogren's Syndrome