lips on the inside are red and the tip of my tongue is slightly irritated

I feel like my lips are very dry and the inside of my lips are red and burn slightly My tip of my tongue is also irritated? Has been going on for about two weeks or so? I have a red patch on inside of bottom lip??? No sores and my nasal passage seems dry also?

Did anyone find out what this was? I have the same thing happening now. This is not a canker sore issue.

I am having the exact same symptoms as well. The inside of my lower lip and a very small part of the inside of my upper lip are red and the tip of my tongue is too. These parts have become over-sensitive, and are covered with extremely miniature bumps, visible only under a lens. They burn like bloody hell. Last time it happened and lasted for two weeks, then the symptoms subsided, but this time the burning is worse.
Kindly help.

These may be tiny canker sores but you need to have them checked out in case you have some kind of tumors (whether benign or not) .

Stress often triggers these attacks. When one's immune system is suppressed (and stress compromises the immune system) breakouts can occur.

You could also have something called geographic tongue - read more here : http://www.empowher.com/community/share/should-you-be-worried-about-geographic-tongue

Sounds similar to symptoms I had a while ago..... I didn't learn what it is exactly or what caused it but i went to immediate care because my lips swelled HUGE and they gave me Nystatin and told me to mix that with benadryl cream on my lips twice a day and it worked after a couple days

did anyone find out what this is? I had the same exact symptoms, at the same time as I was battling an upper respiratory infection and a nasty sore throat. I attributed the swollen irritated lips to being part of all of that, but now two weeks later I have the same symptoms on my lips: swollen, dry irritated lips, sore/burning feeling on the inside of the lips (definitely NOT canker sores, I've had those), soon after followed by cracks at the corners of my mouth on both sides; all with no apparent reason. This time I noticed small red bumps that appeared on the inner lip and outer lip. I don't know but I am wondering if I should call the doctor and see what this is about. Any body else experience this?

I am currently having the same exact symptoms! At first I thought maybe I had too much salt (younknow tgat puckers feeling?), but then it got worse.... Inside of lips with red, irritated patches, tongue feels dry, puckered, over sensitive. Don't know if I should go to my primary dr or my rheumatologist! Any suggestions?

did you ever find out what this was? I am having the same symptoms

Do you have small open and painful sores that are white or yellowish with a red border on the inner lips or cheek, gums or tongue?
If so, these may be CANKER SORES. They may be caused by viral infections.

Here's a great page to check your symptoms and what you may have:

Let me know if this helps!

Sjogren's Syndrome