Living with hiv. Should i get breast implants?

By October 31, 2009 - 10:24am

An HIV test is not routinely included in pre-operative blood testing. You may be asked if you have HIV on a pre-operative health questionnaire.

When u get breast done do they automatically perform HIV testing

No but you answer some questions about your health.i think if you real care about yourself you will let your consultant/ surgeon now about your condition if you are hiv+. i had a mastopexy early this year am hiv+ for 8 yrsnow and it was the best choice i ever made

About 2 years ago I posted a question about "Living with HIV and should I get Breast Implants?"

Well I am back... still have not done my surgery but I recently found out the truth on how I got HIV.
My husband has been lying to me for 7 years. I caught the HIV from my husband. When I confronted him he said he did not know he had it and that he did not know how he got it.
We have been married for 2 years now and about a week ago I found out that he lied to me about him not knowing. He was born with HIV and his reason for not telling me the truth was that he did not want to lose me... I am so hurt and I feel so betrayed. How could a person knowing that they have HIV not tell the person they love?
I am still with him, but everyday is a battle with my emotions. There's days that I love him but there's days that I hate him.

I would love to work on our marriage... but it's hard.
Please help... just give me advice and good words of wisdom.

Thank you...Cotton

Anonymous (reply to Cotton)

Hi cotton, how are you doing now. Just read your post. I feel you. In same situation. What i have learnt along the way is fight the anger and replace it with love; even purely love for yourself which in turn poura over. I know it is not easy but let love over shadow all.
Sending you love,

(reply to Cotton)

How did u know u had HIV I've had all sorts of symptoms that resemble HIV my rapist told me he gave me an undetectable strain now what? I've tested and so did he and both negative but I experienced the acute flu like symptoms and thrush and missed periods now what?

Anonymous (reply to Cotton)

i am sorry but i think there is nothing to do with you husband. he is an ashole (sorry) and no need to appologise. looks like he just was scared not meet anyone ever if he is hiv+ so he lied. this is not love. where love is there is not place to lie. grrr your story made me so angry and i hate him. betrayer is too nice word for him.
if someone says i have not rights to judge anyone..... ok then. but...
i am hiv+ and live with hiv- man. first that i said to his 'i love you' was 'i am hiv+'. i am quite sure he loves me and have no doubts about it. in our sexual life he tries to do things that definitely will infect him but i never allow. i love him a lot as well and will NEVER let him down.
wish you all the best but not with that shitman

HERWriter Guide (reply to Cotton)

Hi Cotton

Wow - I am stunned that your husband did this to you. Being born with HIV, he of all people should know what it's like.

Do you know that is some states, what he did is a crime? That it is illegal to have unprotected sex with someone knowing you have HIV? It's something to think about.

I understand your conflicing emotions. But a man who does this to a woman doesn't love her. It's not real love. I'm so sorry; it's hard to know what else to say. Giving you advice is hard because most people would have such strong feelings about this. I would find this utterly unforgivable and I would prosecute if I could. I could certainly go to civil court, but that's how I would probably react. We're all different.

If you want to make this marriage work, you can! But you'll need time, reflection and a lot of couples and individual therapy. HIV is no longer a death sentence although it has obviously changed your life and will continue to do so. But you can still live a full and happy life. Having biological children probably won't happen. Life insurance may not happen. Medical insurance may not happen. You have a lot to think about and make sure that YOU are the priority, ok?

How did you find out? Is your husband remorseful? Does he know that what he did was despicable? He did not have any choices with this HIV and that is a shame. But he deliberately exposed you, all while knowing how hard it is. What a strange and terrible thing to do. Please do what is best for you. I'm not saying to stay or leave - that is your choice and your choice only. But I think therapy could really help you and I wish you all the best in the world. Please stay in touch with us.

Anon - Patients who are HIV positive are considered as providing a risk to hospital personnel, and additional mandated procedures must be implemented during surgery. For this reason some physicians refuse to do the procedure, while others will do it but will charge a higher fee, in some cases as much as 60-70% more than the normal fee. If you are HIV positive and do not tell your surgeon you could be liable for criminal endangerment charges.
There is no readily available directory of physicians who do this, it will take some detective work. You may want to try some of the online support groups for HIV positive women. Good luck to you. Pat

Anonymous (reply to Pat Elliott)

hi there

I am hiv positive and my surgeon knows, not only am I happy about this but he is my first choice and one of the top surgeons in toronto possibly Canada.

I am soo excited, and happy with my results, I got a tummy tuck, and breast augumentation done on Feb 17th, and he just wanted paperwork sent from my immunologist with my currebt cd4 etc, I'm glad I did this, and feel that I can still enjoy the rest of my life!
And he charged me same as everyone else!!

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Sexually Transmitted Diseases Guide