Looking for a doc

By June 11, 2012 - 2:17pm

I am a 22 year old woman looking for a good primary care physician in the Phoenix area. I moved to Tempe, AZ to attend ASU in August 2007 and have never established a doctor here. When I have a medical problem I have been going to urgent care but I am looking for someone, preferably a women, to keep track of my medical history and see when I need medical attention.

Yes, I have Blue Care Network of Michigan, a HMO plan. I also prefer to have a woman doctor.

Hi blove

Do you have health insurance? If so, there will be a list of physicians for you to choose from - usually a pretty long list - and you can set up an interview to meet the doctor and see how you feel about her.

If you don't have insurance, ask women you know who they go to and how they like their doctor. The best references are from patients themselves.

If other women from Phoenix, AZ read this post, I hope they can possibly help you out!