Diarrhea

Diarrhea Guide

Christine Jeffries

ask: Loose stools for 3 weeks.

I've been doind loose stools for the past three weeks. I took clinflor in the first week, erceflora during the second week and twice daily bioflora during the third week. I did normally for three days in the third week and started taking some bread with olive oil but today I did a bit loose again . I got fed up of eating nboiled chicken and potaoes. Is it something serios? Should I do further investigations? Or maybe I am doing a bit loose because of eating always the same type of food? i got endometriosis and got a chocolate cyst in myright ovary which the doctor told me not to worry about as it was still small. By the way I do not have any pains.

It is important to know the cause of your diarrhea, as it could be caused from a virus, food poisoning or medical condition.

The erceflora you were prescribed....did your doctor perform any tests to determine the cause of your diarrhea? Did you take this as prescribed, with plenty of clear fluids (water, broth)? Since this medication was not effective, it is important to contact your doctor to let him/her know, and move to a different type of treatment (and receive a proper diagnosis first).

Have you tried the BRAT diet, instead of chicken and potatoes? This means eating: bananas, rice, applesauce, toast until your stomach feels better. Most cases of diarrhea should only last a day or two. If you are experiencing this for going on three weeks, it may be considered chronic diarrhea and seeing a doctor is necessary.

This is helpful information from the National Cancer Institute: diarrhea.