Loss weight around stomach and hips

Going through change of life all my fat goes to my stomach and hips what can I do I do a lot of walking

I understand how mid life can put weight on. Losing weight on your 20s is a cakewalk compared to your 40s and 50s and above but it can be done.

Firstly, great job on the walking. Keep it up and do it as fast and as long as you can. Studies have shown that the faster you walk, the more calories you lose. Don't use a long stride or pump your arms up in front of you - use normal, fast steps and keep your arms up, but swinging back (as if reaching to your back pocket) and then up towards your sides. closely to your side (don't stick your elbows out like a chicken).  Make sure your feet roll well. This is called speed-walking and is something I do about 5 days a week. I do 5 miles. It's a big commitment but you need to make it a priority. Mix up your routine with swimming laps, doing Yoga (certain types are hard and a great workout but the one thing about Yoga is that you never go with the pace of the class, you go on your own pace, you'll see this in classes, it's very reassuring).  Try lifting weights but if you can afford a trainer a couple of times, do it, so that you know what you are doing and don't injure yourself. 

Make it as easy as possible. I like to speed-walk alone with pumped up music in my ears, I find it dreadfully hard to walk without music. If that works for you, do it. If you would prefer a walking partner or group, look for one. Do what suits you in a way that makes you happy or you'll end up quitting. 

Diet is 80% of weight loss, exercise is 20%.  So keep your calories at 1500 and no more. Eat 5 small, healthy meals a day and shop wisely. You can only eat what you buy so make good choices.  Don't forget to have one day a week where you can splash out on a meal of your choice and include a small dessert too. Denying yourself this may cause binges. Absolutely give up soda and juice and don't drink diet drinks - they are very unhealthy too.  

And, if you fall off the diet-and-exercise wagon, just dust yourself off and try again. Everybody fails at some stage but the success stories are the ones who just keep trying. 

Here are some articles about mid life weight gain/loss for you:

Let us know what you think! 

Menopause Guide