lower back pain

i've been having really bad pain on the right side of my back, starting from the upper buttocks to my lower hamstring. it is painful to stand,and even sit. Its painful to walk sometimes too. I don't recall doing any strenuous activities that would have caused this problem, and i have no history of back or joint pains. can someone please help

Thanks for your question. I'm sorry you are dealing with this kind of pain; I also have this and it's really difficult to deal with.

It's not always possible to find the exact cause for lower back pain. It can be from an accident, poor posture, a bad mattress or way of sleeping. It could also be from something wrong with the spine, muscles, tendons etc. Having a weak core is also a cause.

Your best bet is to get referred to a spine clinic to see if you have an actual injury to your back.

If you do, a specialist will examine you and send you for x-rays so that your spine can be reviewed. Rheumatoid Arthritis will also need to be ruled out.

You may need physical therapy. If you get physical therapy, you will get many exercises to do as well as manual therapy (hands on manipulation and therapeutic massage that can be a bit painful but it does work).

Hot packs should also help and make sure you are sitting straight or propped up properly on a sofa. Avoid high heels when you can and make sure exercises are done regularly.

Again, I cannot tell you what is wrong with you back, but I suffered for four years before finally getting help last October. I have a long way to go (today is a bad day for me) and doctors have found no cause yet but have said the stiffness in my back is extraordinary even though I have no signs of rheumatoid arthritis or anything similar. PT is helping slowly but don't wait as long as I did.

Please keep in touch and I hope this information helps you - let me know!

Well I did my research and don't think my back pain is from any kind of injury I also noticed the weather change where I'm at, and it could be weather realated. Could also be the sciatic nerve or a trapped nerve. I'm going to see a doctor though

Yes, it could be those things too - the back is a complicated area! And if you notice changes with the weather, RA could be a factor. RA patients often notice differences in their symptoms depending on the weather .

Good luck and let us know how things progress.

Low Back Pain