Lower left abdominal pain and rumble?

A year ago I started getting a weird rumbling sound in my lower left abdomen, it went from once a week to now about 3 times daily, I can feel it rumbling inside and outside of my body (if you put your hand the left side of my lower abdomen you can feel it). It makes a really loud noise that has been compared to rumbling pipes, it is so loud that I have been sent out of exams because of it. Recently I have started to have a lot of pain in the same place as the rumble. I have been to the doctors and hospital many times and they have told me to keep track of food I eat and see if there's any correlation to that and the pain/rumble (there has been no correlation). I have had blood tests and I seem healthy and don't have celiacs. Last night I came on to my period and when I woke up this morning it was so heavy, I was extremely bloated and had so much pain in the same place again, but this morning the pain was excruciating and I didn't know what to do. I started my period when I was only 10 and it hasn't been irregular up until about 6 months ago. It has been very painful all day and I've been wondering if it has anything to do with ovarian cancer? I am only 13 but I also have a very small appetite and become full up and bloated very easily (which are some of the symptoms). Help?

Hi Ceithryn

I think it's a good idea for you to ask your parents to be a bit more aggressive when taking you to doctor about this issue.

I would suggest you request a scan, whether xray or ultrasound or an MRI to see what's going on. These scans will take pictures of your insides and will allow a closer evaluation.

You may have an issue with your reproductive organs (cancer would be extremely rare) or it could be something digestive.

Let us know how you get on.

Good luck and make sure you chat with your parents about this as soon as you can - you're too young to have these kinds of worries.

The doctors keep giving me medication for indigestion and IBS (stuff like buscapan) and it isn't doing anything. They said they can do a scan but it'd be really radioactive and they don't know whether they should do it. Do you know why they would be hesitant? Thank you :)

HERWriter Guide (reply to Ceithryn)

I don't know why they would be hesitant other than your age.

I think the scan they are talking about is a Radionuclide (Isotope) Scan.

This scan is not "really radioactive" - the only issue may be with an allergy to the injection which is really rare or to an unborn child and you are certainly not pregnant. Maybe it's because you are young as there is some form of radioactivity, as there are in xrays too.

As I mentioned, there are other scans available.