By Anonymous April 22, 2016 - 11:00am

I am becoming concerned about the recent pain in my lower right leg. It is on the middle of the leg, not shin area, and this sharp stabbing pains just starts. It is not muscular, or injury related. It started 2 days ago, when I was asleep. ..it woke me up, the pain was very intense. It happened for the whole night, intermittent pain. It was fine the next day, but now it comes and goes day and night. Very random, intense pain.

Without an exam/testing, you are not going to know what this is. Even if the pain doesn't feel like it's on the shin, you may have shin splints. You may have nerve damage or even a fracture you are unaware of.

Please see a doctor to know more. There could be many reasons for why this is happening.