Lump in left underarm & burning sensations...

I'm 30 years old & last night I recently discovered a small, painful lump on my left underarm. About a week ago, I experienced a dull burning sensation in both underarms & breasts. The burning sensation went away after that day. Now after discovering my lump (late at night in the shower), the burning sensation returned & feels worse. I also feel like it's burning in between my shoulder blades & sometimes both nipples. As I am typing this it's like burning became dull again. So I guess it comes & goes? I hope that I made sense. I'm scared to death that this is breast cancer. Can someone give me some insight/advice? Thanks.

Thank you for reaching out to EmpowHER with your question.

Breast lumps aren't uncommon and most are non-cancerous so try not to worry too much although finding a lump is every woman's fear so I appreciate your concerns.

A lump in your underarm may not be connected to your breast health. There is a condition called intertrigo that appears as a reddened rash or lump from bacteria or another type of fungus infects the moist areas in the skin creases. Women can get intertigo under their breasts, armpit or in the skin folds under their abdomen - anywhere you have folds, really. The symptoms can be painful, including burning.

You could have an ingrown hair underneath your skin or some kind of abscess or boil.

Have you been ill recently? Viruses often cause swollen lymph glands and the underarms contain many of these.

Upon saying that, all lumps need to be checked out. You will be examined and possibly need a scan to see what this lump is. Put a call in today - the sooner you take care of this, the better.

Please keep us updated!

Breast Pain

Breast Pain Guide