ask: Lump Under the Right Breast just above the Ribs

By Anonymous December 25, 2012 - 2:53pm

I am 21 years old. A month ago, I noticed a tiny hard lump or a boil underneath my right breast just above the ribs. After few days, it started growing and its very painful. Day by day, its increasing and turning reddish and hard. I am unable to wear my inner garments and hardly bend down. I tried taking some antibiotics and pain killers, but, its not giving any affect. It has become 1" diameter now. The whole area turned little darker than my skin color and the lump is red in color. What is this actually? Is it a cyst or Lump? What to do further? Is it related to breast Cancer? I have Vitiligo and taking Homeopathy medicines.
I am really worried about this lump. Its growing inside..

Welcome to EmpowHER.  Any new lump should be examined by a doctor.  It can be many things from a cyst, a lump,  an insect bite, an infection or a swollen lymph node.  It's important to see your doctor and let him examined you.

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide

What Do You Think the Best Way to Screen for Early Detection of Breast Cancer is?: