is lupus contagious?

By Anonymous November 21, 2011 - 1:52am

Most theories concur, however some disagree. I first became ill with SLE after a work accident resulted in renal dialysis fluid splashing in my eye. I think most normal circumstances it is not. Also my cat that I had for my entire childhood died of Feline SLE which isn't allegedly able to cross to humans but vets say is contagious in cats. I am an RN who has worked in research.

No, lupus is not contagious. Lupus is an autoimmune disease. It inflames: 

• Joints
  • Tendons
  • Skin
  • Other connective tissue and organs

It causes the immune system to make antibodies that attack the body's healthy cells and tissue.

For more information on Lupus, please visit our page: 

Hope this answered your question!