MAP and light bleeding

By Anonymous January 27, 2016 - 5:17am

I had intercourse on dec 12 2016, took the MAP 5 hours after. I never felt any cramping or side effects besides light bleeding for three days a week later (normal when taking the morning after pill). I was two weeks late, 4 negative hpts later and finally felt cramping. My period is light. It's there but not anywhere near its usual flow. I am only now experiencing feeling dizzy, fatigue, breasts swollen, freaquent urination. Can this still be side effects of plan b or am I getting false negative results?

Welcome to EmpowHER. Thank you for reaching out to us with your question.

Changes in the menstrual cycle are a reported side effect of an emergency contraceptive. Some women will start their next monthly period earlier or later than expected. The menstrual flow can be lighter or heavier than normal.

Anonymous, you are one who has experienced this side effect.

Your next menstrual cycle should return to normal.