By March 21, 2014 - 6:57am

I started cooing into the "CHANGE" I recently started into a cycle that has not quit never heavy always constraint flow. It's this something that can happen? AnyBody experience this?
Trying to get to a GYN but am in transition of Moving & can't find a doctor accepting new patients till June. I have an appt with my doctor in April when I return home. Should I be overly concerned? I am thinking it's just part of my body dealing with menopause.

Hi Tere Lange

Thank you for writing to us! 

Menopause has many, many symptoms - one of them being erratic periods - from very heavy and clotted periods to lighter ones, as well as an unpredicible cycles. 

But constant daily bleeding does warrant an evaluation.  How long as the bleeding been going on? You are at risk for anemia (consider taking an iron supplement) and there may be an underlying reason for this constant bleeding that is not connected to menopause (not to scare you, it may definitely be due to this change in life but it's something to consider). 

I'm sorry you are in a transition right now and you cannot be seen until June. Make sure to keep that appointment next month but a clinic like Planned Parenthood can provide a low cost evaulation in the meantime. 

Are you in any pain? Any other symptoms? 

(sorry about the grammar in that question was on a smart phone & aging eye sight)
No…no pain at all. No cramping, nothing. Just a constant flow, panty liners are sufficient. Just annoying after 5 weeks. Taking iron, feeling fatigued but not sleeping well either. I have made an appointment with my GYN in Chattanooga, was looking for a new doctor in Maryland, what a way to start -with an issue. Thanks for the reply, still going to try not to worry until a doctor tells me to worry, have enough to worry about, selling a house & relocating a family. Happy Spring to you!

HERWriter Guide (reply to Tere Lange)

Hi again Tere,

I'd say the stress with moving and relocating a family (a massive undertaking) isn't helping with your cycle. I'm glad you are seeing a doctor soon and please keep us updated. 

Happy Spring to you too. Up here in Michigan, we hope it arrives at some stage this year! 

Menopause Guide