ask: menstrual circle

By omolayo

for about 3 to 4 months ago i have not been seeing my period and i did many medical texts, so finally last month, my doctor prescribed a pill named' visofid 2 mg + 0,035mg' for me to take it for 28 days, of which i did, and on the 29th of april i saw my period with heavy clots, but after 6 to 7 days heavy flow instead of my 5 days normal flow...up to this moment ,instead of me seeing my pap ,or dry period, i kept seeing little drop of brownish colour like blood... please is it a normal thing or should i run to my doctor for complain...?, thanks.

It is important to call your doctor, as it does not sound like you understand what you should be expecting from your prescription. I would call your doctor or speak with a nurse for clarification on your treatment, by asking the following questions:
1. Is the medication considered successful if I experience a period? Does it matter if the period is exceptionally heavy or longer duration than usual?
2. What warning signs do I need to watch for?
3. After I stopped this medication, I did experience a period, but it was much heavier and longer in duration than my previous periods. Is this harmful? What should I expect for my upcoming periods?
4. I am continuing to experience spotting (what you describe as little drops of brownish color blood). How long should I expect to spot or have "breakthrough bleeding"? (this is just a term used when you bleed in-between periods).

Please let us know what information your doctor provides, and we can help clarify any information or further treatment options you need help with.

omolayo (reply to Alison Beaver)

ok,i will do that , and thanks for your respond...

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: