Menstruation Tips and Advice

By Anonymous January 17, 2011 - 10:39am

I have a whole bunch of questions…..first off is okay to have bubble baths while on your period? I have never tried and haven’t heard anything bad about it, but I wanted to know if it is okay. Also another question I have is, sometimes my entire body aches, and I personally think it may be from not getting proper sleep and constantly tossing and turning in bed. So would you just recommend taking Tylenol or Advil to help those aches? Or a nice hot bath?

What are the best positions to sleep in while on your “time of the month”? I sometimes sleep on my tummy or flat on my back.

Also, what are small snacks that would be good for me to eat throughout the day while I am at work. And I know it is recommended to constantly drink water, but are there any types of juices or teas that are good for you to drink?

Thanks for your post.

It's perfectly fine to take a bubble bath when you have your period and that also works for the days aches and pains. Add in some essential oils (like cedar wood, lemon, orange) and the aroma will help with your relaxation too. With regard to pain medication; that choice is up to you.

The best positions for sleeping when you have your period are the same ones for when you don't - whatever is most comfortable. Each person is different in terms of sleeping on their belly, side, back etc.

You shouldn't need to eat differently when you are on your period if your diet is generally healthy. Snacks like nuts, veggies with hummus, fresh fruits or raisins are all good choices. Green teas are considered good to drink as well as a little fresh juice. Water is always good!

For more information, click here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/menstrual-cycle

and here: http://www.empowher.com/menstrual-cycle/content/menstruation-whats-normal-and-whats-not

Thanks for writing!