Mild Period pain everyday for 3 wks while taking this packet of microgynon

I carried my pill packet over and have had mild period pains all the way through thus packet so far ( 19 days ) all day everyday ??

I'm not sure how to read your post correctly. What do you mean you "carried the pill over"? Did you change brands?

It sounds like you have mild cramping - it could be a side effect of the pill, especially if it's new to you.

Please give us more information, it's hard to help with little information. We hope to hear from you soon!

Hi sorry no I've been on microgynon for 15 years + and carried my pill on to the next month with out a break ...so it's not new but since I had my 2nd baby I have had 4 days period then all of a sudden it's stops dead in its tracks so it's clear for few days then starts again but with brown blood ( sorry if detailed ) that then is there for maybe 4 days ... But this month I have a mild period pain from just before I carried my pill on till now amost 3 wks ?

HERWriter Guide (reply to SamBuckland584)

Hi Sam

Thanks for the update.

This does sound hormonal but skipping the inactive pills shouldn't really cause this kind of pain.

My suggestion is that you don't skip the inactive pills this month and see if you go back to normal. If you do, you know the cause and if you don't, you should talk to a doctor about this kind of long term mild pain that you are experiencing. It could be a symptom of something else (cysts, for example.)