Miscarriage and Progesterone levels

By December 24, 2009 - 9:14am

I am 25 years old, has a miscarriage at my 5th week of pregnancy. My progesterone levels had dropped to an 8, and my doctor put me on prometrium 200 mg twice a day vaginally. After one day my level went down to a 4 and I miscarried. Now my doctor is checking my progestore levels on day 7 after ovulation. Can you please tell me what is the normal level of progesterone that I can expect on day 7 after ovulation.

I hope its a one time thingy and that progesterone level is not the reason. Fingers crossed.

Dear anju942

I'm so sorry for the loss of your pregnancy - I know how hard that is. I hope you're making a full recovery, both physically and emotionally.

Generally (and remember all women are different and levels can even change throughout the day for many reasons including eating) levels should be around a 10 or higher after ovulation.

Have you had the result back yet? Can you share with us what they are?

We wish you the best and hope for a healthy pregnancy for you very soon! Please keep us updated!

Miscarriage Guide