Missed 2 days of pill remembered on 3rd day but bleeding a lot. HELP PLEASE!!

By October 12, 2015 - 8:50pm

This is my 2nd month on the pill.... I'm have entered my 3rd week of pills (starts every Sunday's) in a 21 day BC Pack. I missed sat and sun pills and doubled up on Monday (today) instead. Since I came back from vacation. I also plan on doubling up tomorrow(Tuesday) with Monday's and Tuesday pills. However I have been bleeding heavy since Sunday afternoon. But was sexually active fri-sunday and (sorry tmi.. He finished inside) is there a chance I could get pregnant even though they say you don't ovulate on the pill. Also should I continue this pack this last week and start my next pack after my usual 7 day break you get when takin. A 21 day pack?? Will my regular period still come in 10 days like it's supposed to? Or should I take a test of it doesn't? Please help I need to know before I take my pills tomorrow at scheduled time.

Hi Bebaa!

According to Drugs.com, if 2 or more pills are missed in the third week (pills 15-21) omit the pill-free interval by finishing the pills in the current pack and starting a new pack the next day (discard placebo pills).
You need to call a pharmacist for confirmation.

We can't say whether your period will come on time or as usual or whether you will get pregnant other that your risk has been raised. Use a condom as a back up for at least 7 days.

Thanks very much I called doctor but have to wait 24 hours for a call back. I doubled up anyways. If I'm TTC Have u heard of anybody getting pregnant after stopping BC pill at the end of the pack? And getting pregnant that next cycle since it seems like my body is getting back to normal quick (after doubling up two days the needing stop btw)

HERWriter Guide (reply to Bebaa_)

Hi again

Yes, that can happen. It can take some women several months to get back to normal, others can get pregnant the month after they come off the Pill. It probably comes down to good planning and a little luck!

Well thanks for being so helpful. I will you posted on this.

HERWriter Guide (reply to Bebaa_)

You're welcome. I hope you have some good news to report soon!

So ive decided to stop the pill and see how I feel afterwards because I was getting toooo many side effects and I just feel it might not be for me. I ended up forgetting the last 3 of the active pills and I just am really not a pill taker I guess lol. However I will still be careful in the meantime but nurse said everyone is different and can't ovulate as early as 2 weeks after stopping the pill or if it's 6 months and no period then to go see her. Let see.