Missed 2 pills in 3rd week on Trisprintec

Hello, thanks in advance for any answers and support!

I have been on Trisprintec for over a year. I am on my 3rd active week of Trisprintec, and realized this morning I missed Tuesday and Wednesday's pills (it is now Thursday). I quickly took 2 pills as soon as I remembered, which is around the same time as I always take them. I was assuming tomorrow I will also take 2 pills and then be back on track.

When I read the information for Trisprintec, it says to just take one pill until Sunday, start a new pack and not take the sugar pills. What do I do now that I've already doubled up on the pills? I also am experiencing some bleeding this morning - it's early for my "period", I'm assuming this is because I missed pills?

My husband and I had sex last night, BEFORE I REALIZED I MISSED THE PILLS! ACK! I am not going to take any sort of emergency contraception, but how likely is it that I could get pregnant? How long should I use a back up method? What should I do about the rest of the pack? I'm not sure what I should be doing at this point. Should I take a pregnancy test soon to see if I did indeed get pregnant? All of this is hopefully just a scare, because I have PCOS and it took fertility drugs for me to get pregnant with both of my children, but it's not impossible.

Please help! Thank you!

Since you (accidentally) followed incorrect instructions, you need to call your doc or pharmacist (I generally call my pharmacist) to get instructions. Explain it to them and they can instruct you right over the phone.I think he may tell you to keep taking the pills and skip the sugar pills but I could be wrong. Use a condom for at least 7 days.

I think you're correct - your odds of pregnancy are very, very low but you can test for pregnancy 14 days after you had unprotected sex.