Missed 3 diane 35 pills consecutively

By March 28, 2016 - 3:45am

I've been taking diane 35 pills for more than a year now but I missed 3 pills,and I had contact during the missed pills. I'm on my 1st week in the pack. What should I do?thanks!

Hello CassyAtioan714,

Welcome to the EmpowHER community. Thank you for reaching out to us for advice regarding what to expect after missing consecutive birth control pills.

Did you make up for the missed doses? Did your partner wear a condom?

Please contact your gynecologist, report what has happened and follow your doctor's instructions.

The most common way women get pregnant while using The Pill is starting the next package late. Three or more days late starting the next package, you are advised to call your physician for instructions.

Birth control pills contain synthetic hormones that work to prevent pregnancy by stopping ovulation (the process of the ovaries releasing eggs), as well as thickening cervical mucus to make it more difficult for sperm to enter the uterus.

In the event of missing 3 or more pills in a row anytime during the cycle of a pack, you are advised to keep taking one pill every day until Sunday. On Sunday, set aside the rest of the pack and start taking a new pack of pills. Use a backup form of birth control for two weeks.