Missed Birth Control

I had unprotected sex on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I missed my Friday and Saturday pills. I took them on Sunday, and then took my Sunday pill along with my regularly scheduled pill on Monday. I have now just started my 2nd week of the pack. Could I be pregnant?

Thanks for writing to EmpowHER with your question!

There is some small risk of pregnancy because you missed two pills in a row and didn't make them up until the third day. A back up method should have been used (like a condom) and still should be used for another 7 days.

We can't say to what extend your risk has been raised (you are still a lot more protected than if you weren't on the Pill at all) but according to manufacturers of these pills, there may be some risk.