Missed Birth Control Pills

Monday was the last day i took my birth control pills, so i have missed 4 days. I had unprotected sex on wednesday night, and he did ejactulate inside me. I checked my ovulation schedule and it says wednesday and thursdays are the strongest days. I started my period this morning (friday), its pretty heavy but has lightened up through out the day. Could this only be because of my missed pills or is there a chance i could get pregnant?

Hi Keri!

You don't ovulate while on birth control pills so you should not have an ovulation schedule, really. But I assume you mean that you are right in the middle of your 28 day cycle.

You could have ovulated, to be sure. But it sounds like you got your period and periods are usually a bit lighter when a woman is on the pill. You schedule has been thrown off due to missing four pills. This is common.

Just follow the instructions carefully, on your birth control pill pack and take a pregnancy test if it'll help ease you mind.