Missed Last Active Pill On Birth Control Trivora

Im taking Trivora birth control and I have 21 active pills and 7 inactive pills. I missed taking my last active pill on Sunday and its now Tuesday (2 days into inactive pills). Im not sure what I should do from here. Whether I start my new pack when I ususally would (Monday) or take it a day early (Sunday) so I dont go over 7 days without active pills? Also, if when I start my new pack I'll have to wait 7 days before I'm protected again? Please help, thank you.

What if you have intercourse on the last day the pill was missed and took the pill the next night?

You should not have an increased risk if that is the case.

It is best not to change your "start date" for your birth control pills, and to begin taking your pills with your new pack on your scheduled day (Monday). You will have a few more days of inactive days, and will need to use back-up method of protection (condom) for the next 7 days if you choose to have sex (Monday-Sunday).

Let us know if this answers your question!

(reply to Alison Beaver)

Thanks so much =) Okay, so I will take my new pack on time like usual and just to make sure I will or won't have to use a back-up method the first week on my new pack?

(reply to jenn14367)

Yes, you should use a back-up form of birth control your first week on your new pack.

You only missed one pill from your current pack, but since you are not making it up (you could take it today, if you want to), but it is a good idea to use a back-up form of birth control for the next 7 days AFTER your new pill pack...better to be extra safe for a week, then to worry for the next three weeks following!

The reasoning: missing any of the hormone-containing pills at the end or beginning of your pack creates more time that your body is "hormone-free" (from the pills). You may be fine not using a condom for the first week of your next pack, since you only missed one pill, but it is a good idea to be on the safe side.

Does that help?

Anonymous (reply to Alison Beaver)

I know this from six years ago but I did the same thing as the original poster, only I took it right away when i remembered out of habit (so it was my last active pill which i should've taken sunday night, but i did so tuesday afternoon). Since I did take it however late am I still protected? Going into the placebo week, will there be a chance my period won't happen or be delayed? Should I start my new pack on the usual day or sooner?

You should be protected against pregnancy but use of a condom for the next 7 days will assure you.

As to whether you should start a day early - call your pharmacist to find out.

(reply to Alison Beaver)

Yes, very true.. Thanks so much! That helped me a lot =) Can't thank you enough.