Missed period

By February 23, 2011 - 1:25pm

Hi, ive been slightly worried lately as ive missed my last 2 periods ive done 7 pregnancy tests all negative ive been having bad headaches and generally not feeling well, im on the pill microgynon 30 ive been on it since i had my last child 2 1/2 years ago ive heard storys about people been on it too long and their periods stopping could this be the case?

I usually do take my pill in the morning not long after breakfast not missed any of them, ive never had any problems with this pill before and not on any other medication, i was on it for quite a while before i had my son aswell, ive not had any vomiting just feeling sick and bad headaches/migranes i feel like ive got most signs of been pregnant but as you say its unlikely after 7 tests
thanks for the quick reply

(reply to Debra88)

How long have you had migraines? I'm curious why you are attributing your signs to pregnancy, and not ruling out other possible reasons?

Have you spoken to your doctor about your symptoms?

Hi Debra88

If seven tests have been negative, then it's highly unlikely that you're pregnant.

Missed periods are indeed a side effect of this medication.

With regard to you feeling ill all the time, I think you should check this with your doctor. It may have something to do with your Pill but it may also be something else. Are you taking your Pill with food? That's important in order to avoid nausea. I think a urine test may also be needed as missed periods and a general feeling of being unwell are signs of pregnancy - despite your pregnancy tests (and I'm assuming you are taking these tests exactly as directed!).

Have you missed any birth control pills, Debra? Or had vomiting? Are you on any other medications now?

I hope to hear back from you!