Missed Period?

By November 4, 2014 - 6:05pm

I am currently 6 days late for monthly cycle. I had tuba ligation in 2001. I always have my period every month up til this month. I have had strange symptoms like pregnancy but not sure what to think and don't really feel well, really tired. I took home pregnancy test this morning, negative, probably too soon seeing how I would have gotten pregnant between Oct 18- Oct 30. I do not have the funds to go to OBGYN. Could you please give me some advice?

Thanking you in Advance,

Hi NoName39

If you are 6 days late, then a pregnancy test should be accurate.  

Getting pregnant after a tubal ligation is rare but it can happen and the risk is increased as time goes on.  But it's still very rare. 

I would give yourself another few days and if there is no period, you could go to a free clinic or Planned Parenthood in your area (these are low cost services) to chat with them.

How old are you? If you are older than 35, you may start seeing a difference in your cycle and this could be the case now.