Missed period

By Anonymous February 17, 2015 - 2:48pm

My name is jane, my period was to begin on 14 feb but i had sex 9days to my period and another 4days to ma period and i took an emergency contraceptive, but now my period is 3days late. Not sure if i am pregnant.

Potentially you could be pregnant, but to know for sure you would need to take a pregnancy test.  Anytime you have unprotected sex, your risk of pregnancy is higher. However, taking an emergency contraceptive does reduce your risk, especially if you take it within 72 hours.

Wait until your menstrual cycle is a full 7 days late and take the test. I hope this helps.

Anonymous (reply to S. Gillette-Palmer)