Missed Period

I missed my period last month and still haven't gotten it for this month. I've never been completely regular with my periods, but I've never missed one. I started having sex on a normal basis, and I had gone off of the pill in December. I took an at home pregnancy test, and one at the doctors and both came back negative. Should I take another one? Should I be as terrified as I am? I feel crampy like my body wants to start my period, but it hasn't come...

Pregnancy would be the obvious result of missed periods if you are not using birth control but if both your tests are negative then it must be something else. 

Please talk again to your doctor about why you may be missing your periods.