missed period

By Anonymous February 21, 2016 - 9:33pm

I have been on azurette for about a year and never missed a period. This month i had sex with a condom and then missed a pill about 3 days after and made it up the next day, then I accidentally took an extra pill so skipped the next day (the pill I had already taken the day before) and got back on track. On the 3rd week I had brown reddish discharge for 3 days but never got my period. I had all of the symptoms such as sore breasts and then they went away but my period never came. I got a really bad cold the day I started placebo pills, would that affect it? I tested for pregnancy on saturday of the placebo week and it was negative. Im really stressed out about this situation.

It doesn't sound like you have much to worry about since you used a condom and tested negative for pregnancy. You're not pregnant.

I would say your irregular bleeding was due to making a couple of minor errors during the month when taking your pill - some women are quite sensitive to even small changes. Carry on taking your pills as usual., I'm sure things will get back to normal very soon.

Read more on breakthrough bleeding when on the Pill here: http://www.empowher.com/menstrual-cycle/content/how-reduce-your-risk-breakthrough-bleeding-birth-control-pills