Missed Period, bloating, dizziness, negative tests

I've seen a question similar to mine asked all over the web, but I haven't found much good information. I have an appointment with my ob/gyn on July 28, but I would like to get more insight into my situation before I go. I'm 30 years old and generally healthy (excercise, diet, etc.). I went off the pill a couple of months ago after being on for most of 8 years and had two normal 28-day cycles - no delay in starting, nothing odd. My last period started May 31. Around the third week of June, I started having dizzy spells with twinges of nausea. I had sex with a condom on June 13th (not applied until after intercourse started, but before ejaculation) and unprotected (condom came off) on June 20. On June 28, when I was expecting my period, I instead got about an hour of mild cramping, then nothing. The following day, I had more cramping and some thick, stretchy discharge, but nothing else. Since then, I've had cramps and a backache off and on, EXTREME mood swings with crying (odd for me) and increased nausea/dizziness, especially when I don't eat. I'm also noticeably bloated and have white, completely odorless discharge. No changes in bowel habits. I've gagged a couple of times when brushing my teeth or smelling something strong and have taken to keeping a ginger ale around. I finished treating a yeast infection (7 day treatment) on June 30, but it shows some faint signs of returning. I also have to tell you that my boyfriend and I just bought a house and are moving - so there's definitely some stress in my life. I've take four home pregnancy tests (the sensitive ones) and all are negative. What's throwing me is that these "period like" symptoms have now been going on for more than a week with no sign of slacking off - including the irritability and the bloating. I've stopped even expecting bleeding. This is definitely hormonal - but why?

Anonymous

Hi, I'm 19 and usually have a regular period but my last period was October 12th, I'm obviously sexually active so I've taken multiple tests, even tests at the doctor's office and its came up negative. I have tender breasts, nausea, very fatigued, and I've been putting weight on. I'm also beyond moody. Also while this process I've had a UTI so I'm afraid the medicine or infection may have either messed with my period or the test. Any guesses or suggestions I should do?

I am going through the exact same thing! I was told stress could be the cause of it.

Some antibiotics can affect the menstrual cycle so I think this may be the case with you. Since you are not pregnant you may skip a cycle due to the meds. See what happens next month.

Anonymous

Hi I'm 32 days late for my period ...having bloating, pasty white discharge, while trying to have intercourse husband says it's hard to get in like he's hitting a brick wall, nauseousness, and very hungry...I took a pregnancy test today at 3:30pm and it was negative...could it be a false negative because of dilution? Please help!!!

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Repeat the test and test in the morning. Use the urine when you first wake up. It is concentrated and will provide the most accurate result.

Schedule an appointment with your gynecologist. Depending on your age, if you are not pregnant, you may be in early perimenopause.

Keep us updated,

Anonymous

Hey,

I am 15 days late for my period, feeling bloated and experiencing cramps. I was on pills until last 3 months. Home test came negative. My last 2 periods were also 10 days overdue. But this time I am experiencing cramps, which is not normal for me. I have booked an appointment for Wednesday.
Any advice?

If your test is negative you're not likely to be pregnant but a blood test at the doctors office will let you know for sure.

Otherwise, have a chat with your doctor about your irregularity; you may have a hormonal imbalance.

Anonymous

Hi

I was due on my period on the 22nd September, around the 26th I had brown discharge when I wiped for 2 days, all pregnancy tests are negative, feeling really dizzy, lightheaded, stomach cramps and off and ons with certain foods. Been to the doctors all appears okay, waiting for Swab result! Am I pregnant? Could it be implantation bleeding? And the urine test is not picking up because my hormones are out of balance?

Anonymous

hie...
i stopped using the pill for a week, had unprotected sex with my boyfriend. my period came 4days later, it usually lasts 6days. however, this time it lasted two days. i kept feeling fatigued, cheeky, have cravings, feel bloated... this has been going on 2weeks after my period. now i slightly feel dizzy. i took a home pregnancy test and it came out negative.in the morning my breasts are firm n big,,, rest of the day they are tender

Even if your period was short, you still had a period and negative pregnancy tests. But if you don't get your next period as usual, test again.