Q: 

Missed Period, bloating, dizziness, negative tests

I've seen a question similar to mine asked all over the web, but I haven't found much good information. I have an appointment with my ob/gyn on July 28, but I would like to get more insight into my situation before I go. I'm 30 years old and generally healthy (excercise, diet, etc.). I went off the pill a couple of months ago after being on for most of 8 years and had two normal 28-day cycles - no delay in starting, nothing odd. My last period started May 31. Around the third week of June, I started having dizzy spells with twinges of nausea. I had sex with a condom on June 13th (not applied until after intercourse started, but before ejaculation) and unprotected (condom came off) on June 20. On June 28, when I was expecting my period, I instead got about an hour of mild cramping, then nothing. The following day, I had more cramping and some thick, stretchy discharge, but nothing else. Since then, I've had cramps and a backache off and on, EXTREME mood swings with crying (odd for me) and increased nausea/dizziness, especially when I don't eat. I'm also noticeably bloated and have white, completely odorless discharge. No changes in bowel habits. I've gagged a couple of times when brushing my teeth or smelling something strong and have taken to keeping a ginger ale around. I finished treating a yeast infection (7 day treatment) on June 30, but it shows some faint signs of returning. I also have to tell you that my boyfriend and I just bought a house and are moving - so there's definitely some stress in my life. I've take four home pregnancy tests (the sensitive ones) and all are negative. What's throwing me is that these "period like" symptoms have now been going on for more than a week with no sign of slacking off - including the irritability and the bloating. I've stopped even expecting bleeding. This is definitely hormonal - but why?

Anonymous

Can anyone help please. I feel like I'm going crazy.... I have had 2 False Pregnancies where I had every symptom but at 4 month ended up having my period. This time is different my last period was July 9 on July 20 I had clear odorless jelly like discharge the next 4 day my boyfriend at the time had unprotected sex. I soon after that time frame left him. He was abusive. So yes I have had emotional stress. In between all this I i had a few symptoms that are not PMS symptoms. And on August 5 I had spotting. I took two HPT at a doctors office two weeks apart and an other at home all negative. I'm now two months late and have sore breast bloated stomach and mood swings. Is this time maybe real and I just have low HCG. OR am I going crazy.

Anonymous

Not being able to remember exact dates but my last period was in the first week of June. Now July, no period and negative pregnancy tests. I am TTC. My periods have always been quiet regular although last one did show on time it was very light, more brown then red & too light to be able to use a tampon & lasted about 7 days (a regular length for my period) so it's a shock this one hasn't arrived yet. I have had two pregnancies and two healthy babies. As soon as I suspected I was pregnant, I would get a positive hpt instantly but am getting negative tests and this point assuming that it is not possible that I am pregnant. I have had hot flashes in the face, cramping in my lower stomach that comes and goes & my cervix feels quiet soft. What else could cause a late period with those symptoms?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Stress, a marked increase or decrease in weight and significant increase in physical exercise are just three factors that can delay the start of a period.

If you miss a period this month, contact your gynecologist, who can order a blood pregnancy test.

Keep us updated,

Anonymous

I am on the IUD Paraguard. I got it placed back in Feb and since then innotice during ovulation I get slight cramping and begin to spot and then I get my period right on time. This month I got my ovulation cramps and spotting on the 11th had unprotected sex the 3rd 10th,19th, & 23rd. After the 11th though I started feeling off a bit. But didn't think much about it. Boobs started to hurt not much to the touch but they were aching. Then on the 19th I started spotting again and though AF was coming since it was due that week. Then I began to get what seemed like vertigo almost everyday. On top of that I have had very watery CM. The 23rd is when my period was scheduled to come and it didn't show. Now I am 5 days late with even more symptoms... bloating constipated bloating backaches tender boobs dizziness and feeling nauseous... but pregnancy test that I took on the 24th was negative. My uterus feels sore but I'm not sure if it's because I've been bloated and constipated. What do you all think?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Your gynecologist is the person to consult.

Anonymous

I have two kids. Youngest being 2 years old. My periods always are all over the place. However I always have one once a month. April is almost over and I never got one. February 1 I started working out and dieting. I lost 13-15 lbs from feb to mid April. My periods were feb 22nd for 6 days and march 20th for 6 days. Again this month it never came. I went on a cruise for 5 days last week and just got back.
I have been having lower back aches the last 5 days .. I've been tired but unsure if it's from being back from the cruise .. I'm eating everything in sight and it's normally junk food.. I have mild cramps but rarely and it's up higher towards my rips rather than lower..I occasionlly get lightheaded for maybe 3 seconds at a time but nothing severe ... I have taken 3 pregnancy tests.. one of which this morning.. all came back negative. Health wise I can't have anymore kids. I don't want to be pregnant. I use condoms every single time. When should I start worrying my period won't ever come?!

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

From what you have shared, a history of irregular periods, weight loss and increased physical exercise, and traveling, I think those are contributing factors to why you haven't gotten your period in April.

It is apparent that this is causing you concern. Consider calling and speaking with your gynecologist.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hello
I got my last period on March 10th, and had unprotected sex with my husband during my ovulation time.. My period cycle is 27 days.. on Apr 4 I got lite spotting for 2 days with mild cramping.. and missed my period.. Feeling bloating for almost past 3 weeks.. took 2 urine test and both were negative.. And today It's Apr 18.. Could it be pregnant? If so when is the correct time to test??

Anonymous

Hello
In February I had my period it went away and came back a week later since then I haven't had a period ,two weeks ago I had some spotting,im exhausted ,I've been cramping and I've had like a pulling sensation in my lower abdomen and also have had headaches every day for about 3 weeks now ,all tests are negative .any suggestions ?my period will be four weeks late this week

Anonymous

Hello,

So this has been a whirlwind for me. I have been quite regular and just this month missed my period. My last period was oct 31 and I am now 12 days late. I have been a few but never THIS late. I am so bloated, my breasts feel heavy and I am getting cramping as if my period is coming. Then when I check, it's been this same milky white discharge. Moreover, I have been having bouts of nausea, especially if I don't eat right away (or the other day I ate soup and actually threw the whole thing up because the smell bothered me) I took 4 tests within the first 5-7 days and it was negative. On the 10th day, I went to gyno and they told me not to worry. That if it doesn't come for three months, then to make an appointment.

I was a little baffled they didn't give me a blood test, even to just calm my nerves.

Yesterday I had some pinkish discharge and was thinking that I might get it but then it never came. I am going to retest in 2 days and if not, explore other possibilities. I just don't get how you can be regular for years and suddenly your cycle stops?

It's funny because they ask you if you have been stressed? I haven't been at all, the only thing starting to stress me now is that I don't have answers.

Anyways, wish me luck. Either way it turns out.