Missed a pill on my second week, took it 14 hours late. Could I be pregnant, if I had sex before I realized I had missed the pill?

By Anonymous February 25, 2011 - 11:00am

Yesterday, I forgot to take my pill in the morning (usually take it at 9:00am). I remembered I had not taken the pill just after I had sex and took it right away (14 hours late). I am on the second week of my pack of pills. I use Junel. Could I be pregnant, should I call my doctor and get plan B pill?

Hi Mari

Thanks for your post! According to the informational website for Junel, as long as you make up your ONE missed pill within 24 hours (which you did) and then take your next pill as usual, you're covered. Plan B is for emergency unprotected sex and you were protected, according to the information on your post. I think your doctor will tell you the same thing, but put a call in if you are worried.

I hope this helps!

Thanks Susan.