Missed pills first and second wk of pack.now im Bleeding.

By September 2, 2016 - 12:36pm

Hi! I need help!
Here's a little background info. My last period was August 19th. It lasted a bit longer than my usual 5 days. I started the pill on that Sunday Aug 21st.
I took them on time... Sorta (sometimes I would forget my alarm would be for the pill and mute it and realize it later in the day and take it) I missed Thursday in the first week. Took Friday and Saturday... Missed this passed Sunday

Hi Dotkylan

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowHER!

This bleeding is likely what is called "breakthrough" bleeding from stopping the pill or taking it irregularly. It's normal but it does open up to the door to ovulation and possible pregnancy.

It is important to listen to your alarm and take your pills as prescribed. Continue your pills now but you must use a condoms for at least 7 days after your last missed pill as a backup. If you are concerned about pregnancy, you can test 2-3 weeks after sex.