Missed take a micropill

By February 29, 2016 - 12:33am

Hi. I missed my micropill in Monday night my 2nd week then the Tuesday morning my partner and I had sex and he went inside of me then I realized I missed my micropill then after that I took it as soon as possible. Then in the Tuesday the same day evening I took the micropill again around 9pm the usual schedule of my micropill. Is there a possibility I get pregnant? Please answer me. I'm so confused. Thanks!

Hi Jenlouise!

You should not be confused about how your birthday control works - you need to know what to do in case you miss a pill and the possible consequences so you don't leave yourself in a position of fearing pregnancy. If this happens, you can always call your pharmacist straight away, they can give you direct answers and lower your stress!

The micro (or mini) pill is not a combination pill and needs to be taken at almost the same time each day - there is not the same leeway with it as you might find with a combo pill (progestin and estrogen). Therefore we'd have to say there's more of a risk of pregnancy even if you took it the next day.

That is about the only thing that can be said but I would note that your risk is still quite low and far lower than if you were using nothing at all.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/birth-control

Do you mean I have a chance to get pregnant?

HERWriter Guide (reply to Jenlouise)

Hi again

That is what I said above due to missing a micropill and the nature of how they work - when you miss one you risk pregnancy even if you make it up, unlike the combo pill where you have more wriggle room. I would say that your risk is very low but we can't guarantee anything.

Thank you!