Missed three birth control pills, now bleeding. Should I worry?

I've been on Tricyclen for about six months. On May 15th I started a new pack. I missed May 22, 23 and 24. Now today, May 25th I have taken two pills and will take two tomorrow. Also this morning I started bleeding. Is there a risk or am I okay because a period has started. Thank you!

Missing three pills in a row will usually result in "breakthrough bleeding" which is a normal occurance. Make sure you follow the directions exactly on your pill packet and you must use protection for the following seven days after unprotected sex. If you don't get your bleeding next month, take a pregnancy test.

Thanks for writing!