Missing periods

By September 29, 2016 - 7:48pm

I haven't had my period over 5months.I went to the health department ,I found out that I had chlamydia. The nurse prescribed azythromyocin.My concern is,would I start having my period back or what ? I'm really worried.
My second concern is that I started having dark spots on my skin.It's like when your skin is scratched unexpectedly. The first one started on my left calf. I thought,oh maybe I got burned on the iron when I put it aside while ironing my clothes. I was so wrong. Now,I found another little scratched again on my left knee. Another one just popped up on my right wrist .They started out really small then grew over night. Does any of you know what might be the rationale of that? I think something is really wrong with my blood.

Thank you so much.
I will definitely talk to my Doctor about it

Hi Shashou!

Thank you for reaching out to EmpowHER with your concerns!

You need to talk to your doctor about your missing periods. Chlamydia should not cause your periods to come to a stop. I assume you know for sure that you are not pregnant?

A lack of periods could be for many reasons - stress, poor diet, over-exercising, being over or under weight or having a hormonal imbalance.

Blood tests can help discern what's going on.

With regard to your skin, we are unable to say what's going on. I often have unexplained scratches on my skin as I think I scratch my skin in my sleep. But put a word into your doctor about these marks and get an exam to see what the cause is.