More likely a miscarriage or pregnancy symptom?

By Anonymous April 26, 2012 - 12:40pm

I had my first child 8 1/2 months ago and I am 30 yrs old. I breastfed him for 5 months and my periods have been pretty much regular since then. I had my last period on the 25th of last month and yesterday (the 25th of this month), I had a clot, about size of a ping pong ball, come out of me in the shower. I have had no pain, cramps, back pain etc then or since then. Will a test be accurate? Could I have miscarried with no other symptom?

Thanks for your post! The identical thing happened to me; but I was 5 months post-partum and had stopped breastfeeding at 5 months. My period was due too and this happened. Then a couple of days later I had the worst period ever; it was awful.

I didn't see a docor then but I did - two months later and she said I may indeed have miscarried (on my chart it says "suspected miscarriage") but to this day I am not 100%.

Take a test now, if you are/were pregant this recently, it may show up as postive. But to know for sure, get into your clinic for testing  today or tomorrow.

Best of luck to you.

Thank you for taking time out to reply to my post. Ive been going crazy trying to find info on this all day at work. I will be taking a test this evening.

Miscarriage Guide