MRI with contrast

I had an MRI done with contrast on my brain and I think the technician did the contrast wrong. He put me in the MRI without the contrast for awhile then pulled me out put the IV in and said the contrast was going in. Then he took out the IV and put me back in the MRI. I've had a CT scan with contrast before and they left the IV in the whole time. I also talked to a friend who had an MRI with contrast done and she said they left the IV in the entire time.

Welcome to Empowher and Thanks for your question. I can say from my personal experience. That's the way an MRI with/without contrast is usually performed. Depending on the technologist, he might leave the IV until the end. But usually, Using a small butterfly needle or an IV, they'll inject about 10-20 milliters of dye into your vein. The needle is removed and you are placed back into the MRI machine for the rest of the scan.

Hope this helps,