Multiple cysts in both ovaries, fibroid structure with anterior portion of body measuring 3.9x2.6x2.9 fm. I am a 49 year old white f, no live births

By Anonymous February 26, 2015 - 3:41pm

I am a 49 year old, white female. I smoke.
No live births, 3 abortions at a younger age.
Recently I have gained 30 lbs in about a two month period, I had bee the same weight within 5 pounds give or take for 17 years. I did it change anything as far as diet and exercise.
I still have regular period s with the exception of about 2 months last October when I started bleeding more than ever and on an off intill late December.

My stomach is so bloated and my girth gets bigger and the goes back down.

I also have had some bowel changes where I had to digg the remaing poop (very small but hard) out after pooping.

30 pounds in two months is an incredible amount of weight gain. 

Are you in the care of a gynecologist right now in terms of getting rid of these cysts and whatever liquids you are retaining? 

You should also be working together to see what's going on with your hormones since menopause is probably affecting this too. 

What has your doctor told you about your prognosis and treatments?

I'm sure you're aware that smoking interferes with any kind of treatment - and it's dangerous to smoke post-surgery as it hinders recovery.  I understand (all too well) how difficult quitting is but this is something you seriously need to consider. 

We hope to hear back from you-