my 17 year old son has been misdiagnosed twice,

I took my son to doctor he was diagnosed with coxsackie. I checked it ot on computer and discovered it couldn't be that. Called doctor back they suggested taking him to ER. I took him and they said they were quite sure it is chicken pox. They did blood work and opeded a couple spots and smeared it on glass and also swab. That was on Sunday 9/26/11. Didn't hear anything so I called doctor and he called back and said it is definately not chicken pox and told us to go to Infectious Disease Control. I spoke to them and they cant see him until tomorrow. It appears to look like chicken pox reds spots and blisters that are popping. PLEASE if you could tell me what you think. He has sooo many spots from his scalp to his feet, in his ears and mouth. He is covered except for his hands calves and feet. He does have some there but not many. Than you so much for any help yu may have.

Thank you for your post and I'm sorry your son is dealing with something so painful.

His symtoms do sound quite like coxsackie virus, especially with sores in and around his mouth. Is it body also covered in rash? His condition could also be some kind of herpes infection or shingles: all these viruses are connected.

What did you read on the Internet that makes you think it's not coxsackie virus?