Pregnancy Guide

ask: "my baby already weighs 3 kgs (6.61387 pounds) in 35 wks"

Hi i'm manonmani (29 yrs),
I,m 35 wks pregnant & my baby already weighs 3 kgs (6.61387 pounds), I still got a month for my due date (23rd feb), & my doctor sys its over weight.... Will ths bring any complications during my labour

Hi manonmani,

At 35 weeks, ultrasounds are used to predict what the babies weight might be. However, the further along you are, the harder it becomes to estimate what your babies weight is... Your ultrasound can be off by a pound or more, even. Just continue to eat healthy for your little one until you deliver. Many women have vaginal deliveries for babies that are under 10lbs at birth. The complications that your OB/GYN may forsee is that you may require a cesarian section if your baby is too big to be delivered vaginally. But like I said, an ultrasound is just an estimate-- not 100% accurate. 

Rosa

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :