My BBT shows higher temperature. Am I pregnant?

I was diagnosed with PCOS and I am taking metformin from last 1 ½ months and clomid for 1 cycle. This month I had my periods on 5th and we tried on 13th, 14th, 16th, 17th, 20th and some more days which I don’t remember. Now on 23rd day of my period my basal body temperature showing 98.9 deg and on 24th day it shows 98.8. If it continue to be in this range, will that means that I am pregnant. Also my period cycle varies between 29-33 days. What are other common symptoms of pregnancy at this time period?

I had my period on 10/27/11 and my cycle is 28 days i had sex on the 4,7,and 8 of nov. and my temp is going up its now 98.9 could i b expecting

You may be very recently pregnant but it would be too early to tell. You will need to wait at least another ten days or thereabouts before you test but obviously by having unprotected sex on the days you did leaves you at a good place to hope for pregnancy.

Good luck to you!

Hi inos2006

You higher BBT at this stage in your cycle can sometimes be a indicator that you MAY be pregnant but is not to be considered a positive "official" indicator. But it may indeed be good news! You are currently in your luteal phase of your cycle, which are the two weeks after ovulation. Some women find their BBT to be higher during their luteal phase, even if not pregnant.

You also had sex on great days - hopefully you didn't miss your ovulation. There will be few signs of pregnancy at this stage, if you are pregnant. But some signs may be nausea, fatigue and breast tenderness - kind of like PMS but with nausea.

You may actually be good to take a test now that you are day 23, but that's on the assumption that you are a regular 28 day cyclist which you indicate you are not. However, if you really want to take one, go ahead. If it's positive - yay! If not, give yourself another few days before you retest. I know it's hard to wait but you may need a little more time. I really hope the clomid works for you, it has worked for several women I know, so fingers crossed.

When you take a test, will you let us know the result?

Hi Susanc, Thanks a lot!! I was waiting like anything for any replies to my posts. I will definitely take a test and then let you guys know. Regarding those pregnancy symptoms that you have mentioned, I do not have any except for little drowsiness 3 days back.