My Boyfriend and I are intimate about twice a month

By Anonymous February 25, 2015 - 5:42pm

....if I'm lucky. My boyfriend & I are never intimate. I'm 26, he's 28. We have a wonderful relationship, we have lots in common, a lot to talk and laugh about daily! We're happy with each other. However, there's no intamacy. When we first met two years ago, he would be the one to initiate the sex, we moved in together about a year and a half ago then he stopped initiating sex, so I did. He does have a physically stressful job, which is why I take care of him. I give him massages often, and I make him feel loved. I compliment him, and in my opinion, I take really good care of him because I genuinely care for the guy. Now, when I try to initiate sex, he has no sexual response to my touch, kiss, words. We haven't had sex in ten days, and before that, 12 days, and before that 8 days, he doesn't even look at me the way he used to. I can walk out of the shower naked and he won't even look up from what he's doing on his phone and look at me. I don't what how to talk to him about a situation like this, I've tried before, but he seemed to get uncomfortable. I don't know what to do. If I should move on. How do I break up with him when everything else in our relationship is going wonderfully?? Better than any other relationship I've had before. I need advice. Please Help.

Your boyfriend just may not be as sexually active as you are or as you'd like him to be.  Maybe that's just his way. 

He may not like having sex too much and this is about all he can manage. He also may have lost sexual interest in you since he's more into his phone that you - at a time you are naked and showing sexual interest.   He may be watching a lot of porn on his phone- our EmpowHER readers have many stories about a lack of sex due to a hidden porn addiction. 

Unless he tells you otherwise, you won't really know what's going on. I think it's a good idea to try to talk to him again.