My boyfriend and I had sex for the first time in a couple of months and I'm having spotting the last two day is this normal?

By Anonymous January 30, 2016 - 7:26am

So my boyfriend and I had sex this week and we hadn't had sex in anot a month or so and the day after I strated to have some spotting. I'm on birth control and he wore a condom and pulled out. I didn't know if this was normal since we hadn't had sex in a couple of months or not??

Hello and welcome to EmpowHer,
Sometimes the general friction on the cervix from intercourse can cause spotting. This is normal and nothing to worry about. Spotting at any time of the month does not necessarily indicate a serious problem. However, if it reoccurs, becomes prolonged and/or heavy bleeding, you should to see a doctor.