Q: 

My boyfriend masterbates while I'm sleeping

By November 30, 2011 - 6:24pm

Hello. The other night I woke up in the middle of the night because the bed was shaking. At first, I didn't really know what was going on because it took my senses a while to come back to me. The television was still on and all the lights were off, but my boyfriend was shaking the bed. I started to ask him what the hell he was doing, but before I completely turned my head I saw his shadow on the wall. He was masterbating vigorously. I didn't know what to do or say so I just continued to lay still and quiet to try to let him finish. Well 25 minutes later I'm still laying there waiting for him to finish. We had already had sex three times that day so I was very confused as to why he was up masterbating. I felt two very different emotions at the same time...confusion and excitement. I'm not sure which one I felt more, but they both were very powerful. As I lay there listening and slightly watching him, I was getting excited. I have never seen him do it before, and since he didn't know I was watching he was very into it. Eventually he abruptly stopped masterbating so I closed my eyes and pretended to be sleep. Then I felt him roll over closer to me and start to take my pants off. He then proceeded to have sex with me. Well it didn't last very long (because he spent most of his time masterbating) so I got very frustrated. I wanted to know why he would get himself almost to the edge and then "wake me up" to finish. I felt that was a very selfish thing for him to do because I couldn't get any enjoyment out of it. For a couple of minutes I said nothing because I really didn't want him to feel embarrassed knowing that I saw him masterbating. As I lay there I got more and more frustrated so I said something to him.

Unfortunately he got an attitude and the conversation turned into a heated disagreement. He said that he just wanted to have an orgasm and figured he would give himself one. He also said that sometimes he doesn't climax when we have sex and he doesn't know why so he tries to masterbate it out later. I became even more confused because if that was the case he would not have turned over and had sex with me to finish himself off.

I guess my question is...is this normal? Do guys do things like this often? How should I feel about this? We never really finished our conversation because he got mad at me and then I got mad at him. I told him it was rude to do it laying right in the bed next to me, and even ruder to "wake me up" without caring about the fact that I was getting no pleasure because he was already almost done. What should I do?

Anonymous

I'm going thru the same thing and don't know how to fix him being molested by the aunt and now I have to deal with it omg gaged and tied and sodimised help...

Anonymous

My bf plays with himself during sex! Its weird he does it in a way that i cant see it he will play with me and go down on me then i notice hes under body is moving different from the movement when he touches me then i can hear hes getting excited or he will put a pillow between us and he will almost forget about me. Thats just one of the examples! If i say anything he tell me im crazy and im just obsessing about it i have ocd! It feels like he is getting off on the fact that i know he does it and i just keep quiet because he makes me feel bad about knowing! Hope this makes sense! What can i do

Hello Anon

You can ask your boyfriend to stop this but if it excites him sexually then tell him you'd like to join in the fun. If he won't co-operate, there isn't much you can do, you can't force him to do something or not do something.

Hello Anon

Anonymous

Good Lord people, don't be so emotional about it! Self love can be fun! Be experimental both with your partner as well as your self. When I catch my husband masturbating it's fucking hot! So I make sure he catches me! ...but not every time! Dame with him. Some times it's super hot foreplay talking about what you did to yourself... thinking about your partner... or Channing Tatum! Lol Try to set your hang ups aside and have fun! Life is too short to be caught by hang ups! Be free!

Anonymous

I honestly don't see a reason to be upset with him, if he is having problems getting off maybe you should help him. My boyfriend and I never usually have any problems but if there is a problem and he needs to finish I will make out with him while he's masterbating so that he can finally climax. This is very rare, but it can happen especially if he fights off his organism during sex by slowing way down so it can last longer. It's about compromise. Honestly even when he masterbates, it's a turn on to me as well

My boyfriend does the same while I'm sleep r woke then he lies about it and says I'm delusional when I know what is going on in bed next to me. I don't know what to do I'm in love with him and we r expecting our 1st child together but I can't take this any longer it's making me crazy. Why does he do this and for what reason? He doesn't have sex with me as much as he masturbates. I'm totally game if he lets me join in but he always say I'm imaging that's he's doing it. Should I leave and say the hell with him r should I try to make him understand that we can both be happy with this as long as we do this together. Whatever it is I'm ready to make that move.

Anonymous

oh dear lord this thread is full of delusional women.

Anonymous

First off I didn't want to upset some of you women but here's a fact for you. Did you know most guys with normal sexual health wake up 3-5 times a night with a hardon. It's perfectly normal and actually would be something to worry about if they don't.
In my case it wakes me up, this could be due to the fact that we go through REM sleep cycles and we usually wake towards the end of them. The longer the REM the more likely to wake that's why you usually remember your last dream.
Anyway if like me your fella wakes up and has a hard on it could very well be that he's doing what's programmed naturally into him to get back to sleep! Not waking you up, wanting a decent sleep himself and doing something about it.

Now I'm not saying this is the case in every one of the statements above but try having a little compassion and not just thinking the guys literally a tosser or worse addicted to porn. He might actually be functioning normally and be getting annoyed with the fact he can't sleep! It could be the case in years to come where and again this is well documented that this stops and he struggles getting hard due to age. This will be crushing for him and he'll be mortified.

So ladies don't let midnight, during the night or morning wood insult you. I'm not saying it's the case in every case but maybe not take it so much as an insult. Talk to you guys and show some understanding. You may get pissed that he doesn't wake you up, he might not want to to not disturb your sleep, he may even just be so knackered that like me sometimes it's just the only way to get back to sleep and sex would be an absolute mission.
I love my partner, I love sex with her and would miss it dearly but sometimes or in fact quite often I have to "knock one out" just to get back to sleep.

Give your guys a rest. Literally.

It's not all bad and don't naturally think the worst.

Anonymous

I caught my husband doing the same thing. He was shaking the bed and i looked over at him and he's watching a video on his phone just going at it, vigorously masturbating. I got really pissed because he KNOWS I love sex and he didnt bother waking me up. He gave me some bullshit story of wanting to be respectful and not wake me up to get him off. I think what pissed me off the most isnt the fact of him masturbating. Its the fact that he prefers the porn stars to his own wife. Needless to say we got into a heated argument about it. He told me to just drop it and I asked him this: if it were me and the roles were reversed, you'd be pissed off too, wouldn't you? See it from the woman's point of view. So.. That's my advice or all the men out there that do this shit. See it from our point of view. Put yourself in our shoes and think of what we go through when you do this.