ask: My boyfriend rarely wants to have sex. Why is this?

We have only been together for 6 months & its always been this way. i guess we did have sex a little more often but not really. honestly it probably happens once a week at the most. he doesnt like talking about it he just gets upset ignores me or if its at night he will just go to sleep. he always says hes tired or has to get up early but he doesnt work on the weekends & we still dont do it then. a friend of mine told me it could be his age hes 37. im only 21 but hes young at heart. very fun person to be with. i feel like its me maybe hes not attracted to me anymore but he wont tell me anything. all he has said about it is that he deosnt know why. we still cuddle & act loving to eachother but it never leads to sex. im not a nympho or anything but i do like anyone else like to do it occassionally especially because of the strong feelings i have towards him.

Anonymous

I am sorry to say this Susan but that thread is a lot different topic wise. There has rarely been any sex their whole relationship....not sex all the time at the beginning and no sex now.... Not very helpful. I am going through Ithe same thing. I am twenty one and my boyfriend is thirty one. Ever since we started dating there has been hardly any sex at all. Would love some helpful advice...and not sent to a thread hardly relating to my issue. Thank you.

Your question is by far the most commonly asked question about relationships here on EmpowHer.

The bottom line is that we cannot tell you why this is happening, only talk about possibilities.

We have answered this question perhaps many times on our main thread and that, along with the advice and experiences of women just like you, might help you a lot.

Please head to our thread here: http://www.empowher.com/community/ask/why-doesnt-my-boyfriend-want-have-... and let me know if this helps you!

~Susan

Need Your Feedback! What health topics would you like to see covered more on EmpowHER.com?: